Are you a project manager engineer near the end of a big construction project and starting to think about all the cleaning you’re going to have to make the project ready for final inspections? or you are a project estimator and you are looking for a qualified company to assist you with final post construction cleaning bid?
Then you may be aware that post construction cleaning is different from general cleaning. Construction projects leaves a lot of dust and debris behind which make the cleaning tasks challenging. A good post construction cleaning service company is aware of the challenges and will make sure to finish the project by deadline and pays attention into details.
When it comes to selecting a post construction cleaning company for your project, you have to make sure that selected cleaning company provides the following :
General Liability Insurance certificate ( you can ask the cleaning company to include your company as an additional insured listed on the certificate)
General Liability waiver of subrogation
Workman’s Comp waiver of subrogation
In addition you might want to ask about the cleaning process that the company has in place.
In general post construction final cleanings have three stages:
1. Rough Clean: During this initial phase, the cleaning company removes and clean all construction debris including dust, caulking, paint overspray and adhesives. Windows, sliding glass doors and glass partitions are all thoroughly cleaned. Typically, frames and mullions are included during this cleaning phase as well.
2. Final Clean: This phase begins with a repeat the all glass cleaning followed by an in-depth cleaning of all interior surfaces. At the completion of this phase the space is usually considered move-in ready. Areas to be detailed will consist of:
· Cabinetry: each cabinet will be cleaned inside and out with a microfiber rag and a neutral cleaner and the tops will be vacuumed to remove any accumulated dust or debris
· Bathrooms: all bathrooms are cleaned from top to bottom including floors, fixtures, tubs, showers, counters, mirrors and any wall tile.
· Baseboards and Floors: Every baseboard and floor are detailed with the utmost care. We take every type of flooring into consideration when we choose a cleaning medium to ensure that no damage is caused.
3. Touch-Up Clean: A few days after the dust settles, the cleaning company goes back in and wipe down all horizontal surfaces to assure that all dust and debris is taken care of. They also remove any smudges and fingerprints that have accumulated on glass surfaces.
These 3 phases will settle all your worries and assure that your newly constructed space is move-in ready.